Sometimes it seems like there is nothing new to do for a date. Sometimes it feels like everything is too expensive or complicated. But I have created this list of 5 unique date ideas that won’t break the bank. Naturally, in Peach Vibes fashion, this post is catered to residents of Atlanta, but you can easily find similar alternatives in other cities as well.
- Now that it is Spring, grab your SO and have a picnic in Piedmont Park. I recommend this park specifically because of the breathtaking views of the city. I like to bring snacks, a blanket, a Bluetooth speaker for music, and a 6-pack of beer or cider to split. It’s casual, cheap, and intimate.
- Parking: There is paid parking in a nearby deck, but try to find neighborhood and street parking for free! You may have to walk a little further, so bring a rolling cooler and book-bag to hold all of the goodies.
Take a New Class
- Not feeling like being outside in the elements? Try taking a class together. Groupon has great options for trying something new on a budget. If you and your sweetie have ever talked about taking a cooking class together, then take it up a notch and grab a sushi-making coupon. You’ll get your hands dirty and spend the entire time laughing at your lack of skills. It gives you a chance to create something together, and you will have something to talk and reminisce about for ages.
- What about a night out? Atlanta is of course known for its nightlife, so why not take advantage of it? Try a rooftop lounge like Skylounge at the Glenn Hotel near Centennial Park downtown or Whiskey Blue atop the W Hotel in Buckhead. Enjoy the scenery and chic atmosphere while making conversation with your beau. Once you each have a drink, head to Cafe Intermezzo and share a dessert. Cafe Intermezzo is a romantic, European-themed cafe specializing in their signature espresso drinks and cakes. If romance is your goal, then ending the night here will definitely set the mood!
Catch an Old Flick
- I know that this list is supposed to be out-of-the-box, so that means no dinner and a movie dates but I am a big movie buff so hear me out… The Plaza Theatre on Ponce is a classic theatre that shows old movies and some newer ones. They also have special events that I urge you to try for a date. Cineprov “riffs” on popular movies that are actually kind of bad. It may sound strange to go to the movies for the sole purpose of hearing someone yell at the screen, but trust me, it is hilarious. And plus, you have already seen the movie anyway! Sometimes I find an online coupon, but a normal ticket will be about $11-$13.
- The Plaza Theatre has a parking lot in front, but it’s small and gets crowded so get there early and plan ahead.
Do Something Active
- Rent bicycles and cruise along the BeltLine together. There is so much to see on the BeltLine, so check out some of the art along your ride. Then take a break and grab a drink at New Realm brewery or ice cream at Jake’s Ice Cream. It’ll probably be hot and crowded, so plan for this but don’t let it stop your fun. The point is to get a little out of your comfort zone!