Welcome to my blog. Head over to the “About Me” section to get to know me a little more personally. This post is all about my favorite things to do in Atlanta, as well as things I am generally looking forward to this year.
I love my city. There is always something interesting happening. I swear that there is a festival for everything now! I encourage you to run a quick Google search and find one that interests you!
For me, it’s all about being open to new things. I usually can find a friend to drag along with me, or I am the one being dragged. But rarely do I decline an invitation; I like filling my weekends with different experiences. I challenge you to try something different, or try one of these below.
This list will hopefully serve a few purposes.
My favorite activities in Atlanta this year are as follows**:
- Super Bowl in Atlanta (February 3, 2019) – All the free concerts and activities!
- Brunch Festival (March 9, 2019) – This will be my 4th year attending!
- Atlanta Breweries and Tours (My favorites are Orpheus Brewing and Three Taverns)
- An occasional night out in (most likely) one of these three neighborhoods.
- Virginia Highlands
- EAV (For you not so Atlanta-saavy readers that’s East Atlanta Village)
- Atlanta Jazz Festival at Piedmont Park – Memorial Day Weekend. It’s free y’all!
- Summer pool days complete with an Angry Orchard or a Truly beverage.
- AJC Peachtree Road Race on July 4th – Somehow, I always end up running this 10K even when I say that it’s never happening again. But sign up and join the party!
- Oktoberfest in Helen, GA! – Kind of like the episode of Atlanta, but not really.
- Fall Festivals with corn mazes and ghost stories!
- Vineyard Fest at Chateau Elan – This wine festival sells out super fast every year. It’s usually some time in November. I’ve only been able to go once, and it was amazing.There are a lot of other beer and wine festivals to attend throughout the year also. Check out Atlanta Wine Festivals.
- Holiday plays at various local theatres. I support the arts, too.
- Brunching often throughout the year…. because I am a millennial and it’s what I do.
** Note – I have a puppy now, so my list of activities will probably expand to incorporate dog-parents as well. Stay tuned.
This list primarily contains events that I look forward to every year, with a few new ones I’m excited about. But be sure to subscribe to get the scoop on other happenings that are sure to pop up in the city.